A CAMPERDOWN home suffered significant damage after a fire broke out in the kitchen on Wednesday morning.
CFA District 6 commander Peter Hall said the fire started at about 10.50am.
“The cause was a frypan on the stove with oil which spread into the roof space from there,” he said.
“The homeowner, an elderly lady, rang CFA.
“There was significant damage to the rear of the house, damage in the roof space and smoke damage throughout the house.”
Mr Hall said the blaze took about 30 minutes to contain, with CFA units attending from Camperdown, Cobden, Bostocks Creek and Noorat.
He said attending units raised their frustrations after a passing vehicle ignored road blocks and drove over a CFA hose.
“It’s actually an offence to drive over a fire hose,” Mr Hall said.
“It’s disappointing for crews. If they drive over it (the hose) when it’s got water running it will burst and then crews have no water.”
TO READ THE FULL STORY AND MORE: